Homecoming, Mizzou’s most famous and cherished tradition, announced its theme “Celebrating Our Stripes” and unveiled this year’s official logo August 12th. This year’s celebration is slated to take place on Saturday, October 25th when Mizzou faces off against Vanderbilt at Faurot Field. The Mizzou Alumni Association is excited to invite alumni from all over the country to come home and take part in this year’s celebration.
Last year’s homecoming celebration was one of the bigger, bolder and black-and-golder than ever, and the Homecoming Steering Committee expects 2014 to be even better. Last year, the statistics were impressive:
- 6,237 units of blood collected at the Homecoming Blood Drive
- 161,585 pounds of food were donated to The Food Bank of Central and Northeast Missouri
- 50,000 Tigers attended the Homecoming Parade
- 300 students volunteered during the Homecoming Day of Service
- 67,124 fans filled Memorial Stadium for the football game