Saturday, August 25th the Denver SEC Alumni & fan clubs will be back in outdoor action with your favorite & ultimate goodbye to summer and hello to football season SEC style! Sunshine, fun, food, and football talk!
We’re going to be centrally located this year, just off Cherry Creek, near the Cherry Creek shopping area of Denver, in a little pocket called Glendale!
IMPORTANT details to note below as there are several changes from previous years.
Ticket Purchase Info:
Purchase tickets here. Deadline is Sunday, August 12th.
$7 kids (under 12)
Your ticket purchase covers the catered food by Jim N Nicks BBQ (served from 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM), and includes complimentary beer for adults 21+ yrs old (until it runs out) provided by Blue Moon Brewery, and a Skiing Truman Rocky Mountain Tigers stadium cup.
Also for sale are raffle tickets for a Michael Porter, Jr. autographed basketball. All raffle proceeds go to the RMT scholarship endowment.
Creekside Park, Glendale, CO
E Virginia Ave & S Clermont St. Glendale, CO
This is just East of the Super Target off Co Blvd near Cherry Creek
– pork and chicken
– Homemade Mac’ N Cheese
– Bar-B-Que Baked Beans
– Creamy Cole Slaw
– Slow-cooked Collards
– bread & cheese biscuits
– cookies, sauces, pickles,
– unsweet tea, sweet tea, or water
** TICKET IS REQUIRED TO GET A PLATE.**You must present a valid ID at check in with your club for a wrist band for the beer.Entertainment:
For the Adults (21+)
– Kickball Tourney – East Vs. West. Each club will have two members to represent them on their side of conference team. It will be a “cup-n-hand” game. Let us know if you would like to participate!
– Flip-Cup Tourney – You know the drill, right? JFor the Kids:
Face Painter & PiñataThank you for keeping these in mind as this is important for us to be able to continue having a picnic! It is not an easy task to find a park that lets us have our event the way everyone likes it at a reasonable cost and we are super thrilled that it has worked out with Glendale this year.
– As with previous years, folks are welcome to come out with their own picnic items, but catered food and drink is strictly for those that purchase a ticket. Please keep in mind, that people purchasing a ticket is what allows us to pay for the space to have the event.
– NO PETS. Sorry, due to issues at previous picnics we have to ask that you leave your four-legged friends at home for this event. Clearly & properly identifiable service dogs are allowed.
– NO GLASS – glass is absolutely NOT ALLOWED.
We would encourage that you bring your picnic/tailgate seating and games!
HUGE THANKS TO BLUE MOON BREWERY AND JIM & NICK’S BBQ FOR THEIR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF OUR EVENT!